We are pleased that you have decided to join the VA Connecticut Research and Education Foundation (VACREF). In general, you will work on the premises of the VACHS. In order to provide you with certain protections under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), you must have an approved Without Compensation (WOC) appointment with the VACHS. A WOC appointment is a condition of employment and includes but is not limited to the following: background clearance, fingerprinting, TB test, standards of ethical conduct and mandatory training.
The VACREF Executive Director must approve all new hires before any agreement of employment is made or any paperwork is processed. Principal Investigators wishing to hire must meet with the Executive Director to discuss all aspects of the hiring process, including employee qualifications and salary negotiations.
Applicants for employment by VACREF will not be hired without a completed employment packet. This packet needs to be completed prior to the first day of employment. This will include, but is not limited to:
1. A written request for hire originated by the PI, and approved by the Executive Director of VACREF
2. Current Curriculum Vitae of the proposed candidate
3. VA WOC Appointment Letter signed by VA Human Resources
6. Download Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. The Form I-9 is to be signed by the authorized VACREF official.
* Please review the acceptable types of identification.
7. Download Direct Deposit Form with voided check or letter from financial institution
8. Signed VACREF Conflict of Interest Policy
9. NDA – Employee Non-Disclosure Agreement
10. NDA – NPC Policy